Being an applicant of domain registration or transfer and use you should know that, When you register any domain name such as .uk, .com or any other you are also entering into a contract with the related domain registry such as Nominet for .uk and ICANN for .com and some other international domains, and you agree to their terms and conditions as well. This is a separate contract to any you may have with a third party for the provision of the services so please read before you register your domain name.
1. Definitions1.1 Client or Customer means person, firm or company, business or organisation that purchases or agrees to purchase goods or services from The company.
2. Terms & Conditions2.1 These terms and conditions apply to all contracts for the sale and supply of goods and services by the company to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions which the client may claim to apply.
3. Supply3.1 The company agrees to provide the service to the client to the extent described in the client agreement from and according to the terms and conditions of this contract. The service level shall be deemed incorporated in to this contract.
4. Price & Payment4.1 Cost of the services can be paid monthly, quarterly, yearly or two yearly basis through credit/debit card, PayPal or Bank transfer
5. Termination5.1 The initial term of this contract shall be the period described in the above and shall commence on the date of acceptance by the client. Thereafter the contract will continue on a monthly or yearly basis unless terminated according to the provisions below.
6. Improper Use6.1 The company's service may only be used for lawful purposes by the client.
7. Company's Liability7.1 In no circumstances whatsoever will the company be liable for economic, indirect or consequential loss arising from delays or service interruptions or data loss.
8. Client's Liability8.1 It is the client's responsibility to carry out computer virus precautions.
9. Password Security9.1 The client will be given a login account, which is for personal use only. Client must not divulge their password to any other people.
IndemnificationCustomer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold The email shop harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable solicitors fees asserted against the company, its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, its agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the company against liabilities arising out of:
The Email Shop (Grid Hosting Ltd.) will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer, The Email Shop makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. The email shop disclaims any warranter merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, wrong delivery, viruses and any and all service interruptions caused by The Email Shop and its employees.
The Email Shop reserves the right to revise the contents of above disclaimer and terms and conditions at any time. All other trademarks visible on the website are the property of their respective owners. Product specifications or and price are subject to change without notice.
Acceptable use policyThe Email Shop's acceptable use policy is actively and strictly enforced. Offending content or users are removed from our network, usually as soon as they are discovered, although we will always inform you when and why any action has been taken. Common sense is the best guide as to what is considered acceptable use, however the following are unacceptable uses.
IllegalityIn any form, including but not limited to the unauthorised distribution or copying of copyrighted software or other data, harassment, fraud, trafficking in obscene material. We do not allow warez, File distribution, streaming websites for example a website distributing movies/music, software or MP3's, file backup storage, free hosting providers, Hosting banners or graphics or cgi scripts for other websites, Storing pages, files, data as a repository for other websites, porn sites or IRC Bots
Undesirable ContentCertain types of content are not allowed on our hosting service. We do not host adult content of any description. Content relating to Hacking, Cracking, Warez and IRC is not allowed. Only in some casese we allow software downloads only if you are the writer and copyright owner of the software, all other software including freeware, shareware and trial software is forbidden. Audio and video downloads may only be hosted if you are the creator and copyright owner of the work, see terms and condition page for more details.
Bulk EmailThe use of our servers, web and email hosting service to send bulk email whether opt-in or otherwise, and the use of bulk email to promote a site on our servers is strictly forbidden.
Misuse Of ResourcesIncluding but not limited to employing applications which consume excessive CPU time, memory or storage space. Chat/IRC, web proxy and mailing list scripts are not allowed on our network under any circumstances. Streaming media can be a drain on web server resources and as such is not allowed. CGI based message forums which use flat file databases are often found to use excessive system resources, to avoid disappointment please use a PHP message forum. The use of web cam applications which maintain a constant FTP connection uploading an image at regular intervals is forbidden.
Bandwidth UsagesWe offer and operates a fair use policy of unrestricted bandwidth in some cases. If the client's bandwidth or processor usage reaches the point where it has an adverse affect on other clients we reserve the right to disable services until you can reduce your usage. Each account includes a set amount of bandwidth, if you use more than this amount then you agree to pay for this bandwidth at a the rate of £8 per 1Gb of usage.
We always try to give outstanding service and value for money, however we recognise that from time to time issues can arise that need to be escalated. We are committed to resolving any such issues as quickly and efficiently as possible. The following section gives information on how to contact us, and what to do if you have a complaint.
Contact us through the following form.
If you are unhappy with any of our services, or you feel that you have not received a satisfactory response from our team, you may send your complaint through the following form. One of our representative will analize your complaint and will get back to you with the